It is with great delight that we announce that the call for abstracts (for potential speakers/presenters) for the 28th ELGRABiennial conference and General Assembly is officially open. Note registration for the event will come later.
The conference, taking place in Liverpool (UK), from the 3-6th September 2024, will be held jointly with the UK Space Academic Network (SPAN). Joining us at the conference we are also pleased to welcome colleagues from the International Space Life Sciences Working Group who will be hosting a dedicated workshop on Plant Biology within the conference.
To submit an abstract, please use the following link: https://abbey.eventsair.com/elgra-2024/abstract-submission-portal
Abstracts can be submitted as either:
- Oral Presentation only
- Poster Presentation only
- Oral or Poster Presentation
The submission deadline is Thursday 29th February 2024 and notifications of acceptance will be sent by 11th April 2024.
The word count limit is 400 words and we would ask that you cover the below headings as part of your submission:
You will also be asked to include your acknowledgements and references, with the opportunity to add any figures, tables or graphs. Please refer to the submission process, guidelines and terms & conditions of submission below.
The Submission Process
The abstract submission and review process for ELGRA’s annual conference 2024 will be through an online abstract submission system. As a first-time user, you must register and create an account (including contact information) before being directed to the submission portal.
For the abstract submission you will then be asked to input information under the following sections:
- Title (word limit: 15). The title should allude to the content of your talk/presentation, but you can be as creative as you wish!
- Presentation Type. Please indicate whether your talk will be a an Oral presentation, Poster presentation or if you are submitting it as either an Oral/Poster presentation.
- Theme. Select a theme from the list available. If your theme does not appear, please choose the closest aligned theme or the ‘Other’ tab
- Author and Affiliation Details. You will need to provide author and co-author details and an author biography. Biographies should be max 100 words in paragraph format and written in third person reverse chronological order.
- Abstract (word limit: 400). Enter your abstract of your talk/presentation. Be sure to cover the four headings referred to.
- Additional Information. Here you will be asked a couple of extra questions that will help inform both ELGRA and our broader community. Here you can also indicate here if you are a student or early career research professional and wish to be considered for a Young Investigator Award.
What will you need to do if your abstract is selected?
If selected, you will deliver your very own talk at conference taking place during a parallel session at the conference in Liverpool. The parallel sessions will be scheduled to ensure a balanced programme and so speakers won’t be able to choose when their session is.
Preparation will vary depending on the presentation type selected, but whatever type you go for, we will do our best to ensure you are clear about what is required throughout the process.
Guidelines and Terms & Conditions
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- A presenter can submit multiple abstracts, providing each submission is different.
- Your submission will be shared with a cross ELGRA / UK SPAN panel for review and potential acceptance to the ELGRA 2024 Scientific programme.
- The review panel reserves the right to ask presenters to change presentation type to create a more cohesive conference programme.
- Submission grants ELGRA and its partners the right to publish the text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, posters, PowerPoint presentations, videos and/or additional documents as requested on the conference website.
- In publishing any conference related content, ELGRA and its partners shall acknowledge and attribute the co-authors of such content.
- I confirm that this submission has been approved by all authors.
- I confirm that if accepted for presentation, the presenting author will register and pay the appropriate fee to attend ELGRA 2024 and give the presentation.
If you have any questions about the submission process please contact email@example.com For anything else including sponsorship/exhibiting opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details on registration which will go live ~ end of February will be found here: https://www.elgra.org/elgra-2024-symposium/